Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Job Update!

I received word that Anna Griffin, Inc. is not interested in hiring me for the current position that is open. It is sad news since working in the gift/scrapbooking industry has been something I've been dreaming of for several years.

It was wonderful to finally meet Anna (I enjoyed talking with her very much) and her Art Director Holley. They were both very nice and had wonderful things to say about my work. The information below is from the final email from the Art Director.

"We have decided that you are not the best candidate for the design position. We simply loved having you here and meeting with you and seeing all your wonderful craft projects! You are super talented and we really admire all your work. I think that we just really need someone with a lot more experience in the type of product design that we do. Thank you so much for coming down and bringing all that great stuff.
I don’t think you should change a thing, you are very professional and extremely well-put together. If we had several openings, you would definitely be in unfortunately, we only have one opening and I just need someone with more specifically targeted experience to what we do."

It's a hard transition when you to have work experience in the industry but you can't get a job to give you that experience. Just like a hamster on it's wheel. I know the job market is flooded with designers looking for work. And I know having my friend Lisa Bearnson talk to Anna got me in the door. Thanks Lisa for your support over the years. :-)
So....onward and upward!
Who will the lucky company be?
Stay tuned ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment