Monday, April 26, 2010

Mom's 73rd Birthday


It's that time of year again which most of us dread...only because we don't want to hear the year that goes with our new age....not because we don't want any Birthday Cake, Presents or Celebration, with friends & family, of the day of our birth.

I don't know about Mom, but as for me, I'm sticking with 34 as long as I can get by with it! Ha!

I began Mom's birthday weekend with a country breakfast on Saturday morning (eeeh, maybe is was more like lunch. Gotta sleep late when you can) Then another homemade meal for supper. Country fried steak, gravy, peas and mashed potatoes. Yummm! I was hoping this would spoil her a bit.

Sunday, the actual day, we had an early supper with my friend Rachel and her sweet husband Jim at Outback. We began the meal with Mom's favorite, fries covered with cheese & bacon, and did end the meal with their wonderful Thunder from Downunder Brownie with a candle on top for the Birthday Girl to make a wish.

Today, we will have a light supper at a small pizza joint near my house that has ballroom dancing for Seniors on Monday nights. Last time we went Mom and I actually danced the "Jitterbug"and we got lots of applause. Tonight, we are just going to enjoy watching.

Happy Birthday to a Mom I would hope everyone would have as their own!!!

2 comments:

  1. I s'pose you two are always partying, therefore cannot answer your phone! lol
    Why no dancing this year? Another year older does not mean you can't dance. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's it! You found us out. That must be why you never answer your phone either. You've been the party girl along and we are just now finding out about it ;-)

    ReplyDelete